• 2 cups grated zucchini (packed and not squeezed)
• 1 large egg
• 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
• 3/4 cup honey or maple syrup
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 2 cups whole wheat flour
• Cooking spray
• Optional -Chocolate chips, nuts etc.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, line 9 x 5 loaf pan with unbleached parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add egg, applesauce, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt; whisk until combined. Add zucchini and stir. Add flour and mix gently with a spatula just enough to combine. Pour batter into previously prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
3. Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool off for 10 minutes. Holding onto the flaps of parchment paper remove healthy zucchini bread from a loaf pan and let it cool off completely before slicing with sharp serrated knife.
I love chatting recipes, cuisine and dining. I’d love to hear from you, especially if you give this recipe a try. I’d love to hear from you, if you have thoughts of your own to share. Feel free to message me or comment.