Pronounced “brusketta”, this classic Italian appetizer is a perfect way to capture the flavors of garden ripened tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic, and olive oil. Buon Appetito!
- 6 or 7 very ripe tomatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced. More or less to taste.
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 baguette French bread or similar Italian bread
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) first press olive oil
Serve on toasted baguette slices
I love chatting recipes, cuisine and dining. I’d love to hear from you, especially if you give this recipe a try.